Sunday, September 28, 2008

God's Protecting Hand

I've said this before on the blog: every morning that Jeff leaves for Gwinnett, I pray for God to protect him on the way and on shift. He's shown me once that He hears this prayer and He showed me again this morning.

Someone hit the Saturn from behind, rendering it completely inoperable (I'm talking both airbags, no more back seat inoperable) and then left the accident scene. The car was thrown from one side of the interstate to the other, but Jeff was completely unharmed.

Then as God would have it, a DeKalb County firefighter was driving by. He stopped and helped Jeff get all the stuff out of the car when another DeKalb firefighter came along and got the bumper and Jeff's gear bag out of the middle of the interstate. One of the firefighters took him on to work and the police said the figured they got the guy who hit Jeff a couple of miles up the road (possible a drunk driving thing).

So, if anyone knows where I can trade in a nice pickup truck for a couple of cheap cars:-) let me know. I figure it won't be too easy for fit two parents and a car seat into the Ranger.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Praise the Lord! I'm so thankful Jeff was not hurt.