Monday, April 26, 2010

20 days:-(

***EDIT*** Thanks to Scott at This Daddy's Blog for taking note of Jeff's story from Sunday morning in your REAL MAN/ Bad Ass Dad segment. He told me it it's really nice to hear words of appreciation about him doing his job. Jude and I definitely know what a great husband/dad we have in Jeff!

Yikes. I did not mean to not blog for 20 days. I had a lovely visit from my grandparents and my sister over Easter weekend and then things got busy from there.

Oddly, working didn't have much to do with it because the kiddo I work with in the mornings had mono and was out all last week. I feel bad for the kid, but it was kind of a blessing for me with all I had going on.

I probably could have blogged a couple of days this past week, but when I get stressed, I tend to not be able to think too clearly to write. Then Wednesday my grandfather was put in the hospital. This is the man who has been the backbone of our family my whole life. I knew he was going to recover, but every time I would get a picture of him in my mind sedated, restrained, and intubated, it would send me into a mild panic attack.

The good news is that they have been weaning him off of the sedatives so he is coming back into consciousness. And the surgeon was able to cauterize and stop the bleeding in his stomach. I don't know when he gets to go home from the hospital, but I know it will be a long recovery.

Saturday I could have blogged about the crazy storms we had that made me have to stay up until 3am because tornadoes had been spotted in our area. At one point during the tornado watch, the hail hitting the house was so loud that I did go in and get Jude and bring him into the hall. Poor guy was so tired, he didn't really budge through it, unless Daisy made noise. She does not get restless during storms, but she was a little antsy.

Fortunately, everything passed us fine. There were a lot of homes in the city without power and a town about 15 minutes down the road did have a tornado touch down and take out 16 acres of trees. Thankful to God that it was only trees!

And Sunday morning, Jeff's company was fighting an apartment fire and he had been sick for several hours the previous morning, so he ended up in the hospital for about 3 hours with dehydration. After a couple of units of IV fluid though he was up and at em again enough to drive himself home.

Add all these things to the Tennessee Birth Coalition that I am helping to start up and it has been one crazy April. Somewhere I believe I have some pictures to blog about, but no one knows where the upload cord is, so it might be a while;-)


S.I.F. said...

Still praying for your grandpa lady...

This Daddy said...

Those storms were crazy. Tracy got us up in the middle of the morning to turn on the news to see if it was severe in our area.

Your husband is a stud. Sick and still fighting fires. That is a REAL MAN.

I just had an idea for something to do on my blog.

This Daddy said...

I just wrote something about Jeff. Read it to him or have him check it out. Thanks.