Thursday, January 20, 2011

I have been singing this song to Jude at bedtime some nights for a while now, but it's only been the last few nights that he has seemed to take notice.





I'll get to the part "when I fall down You pick me up. When I am dry You fill my cup." and even though he is nursing, I can hear him smile. (If you've ever been a nursing mother, you know what I mean by hear!) then I get to the end and he stops what he's doing: "gin, mommy?" And every time with out fail, on the second go around, when I sing the part "fill my cup" he stops and repeats, "fill cup."

I love the legacy songs like this will speak into his life over the years and especially that he's picking up on them so early.

4 comments:

The HALL-way said...

Love it that you have a Jude! We have JudAH! What shocks me is some people, even pastors, have said "That's such an unusual name. Where did you find it?" Duh! LOL!

S.I.F. said...

That is adorable lady... I love it!

roadrunner201 said...

Kimberly (HALL-way) I wish I had a way to send this directly to you, but maybe you'll see it anyway.

We had a similar question from our Walmart cashier yesterday! She said "I love that name! You must be Beatles fans." And I said, "Well actually we got it from the Bible." (He is actually Judah also. Well, Samuel Judah, but we call him Jude.) And she was like, "Oh, where?" lol.

ArtMuse Dog and Carol said...

What a moment to treasure~ So sweet and singing to babies is so good for them ~ blessings to you all ~ hugs and namaste, cz:)