Sunday, January 15, 2012

Turning a corner. (Maybe?)

It seems that I may have turned that proverbial corner where my health is concerned.

As much as I hate taking medication, I am guardedly thinking this new one may have solved the problem. It has been 25 days since my last ruptured cyst. Before that it happened every 6 days for a month, every two weeks for two months prior to that. Before that it had been once a month since June.

On the migraine front, since doubling my magnesium intake, I've only had 4 migraines in the last 50 days. Which is waaaaaaaaaay down from the 6-8 a month I've been getting for the last two years. (And then like the 15 years prior to going on those awful awful meds that screwed up my brain so much I STILL think I haven't gotten all my memory back. Went off those to get pregnant in '07 and only then did I realize what an idiot I was for taking them.)


I also doubled my B12 intake as well because I got strep TWICE in December. (in addition to that upper respiratory thing that I had for 6 weeks in October and November.) I worked two consecutive 5 day weeks for probably the first time all school year. Had a little sniffles this week, but after three days of drinking a shot of cider vinegar every 4 hours interspersed with a chamomile & peppermint blend 2-3 times a day and some fire cider mixed with honey when I woke up and went to bed, I think I kicked that without incident.


I realize that in the scheme of things, the illnesses and discomforts I have been dealing with since June (and the last 20 years with the migraines) are small stuff. There are people who have dealt with far worse than I. Pain is just such an isolating thing for me. My mind always has me convinced that people aren't going to believe me or will just think I am being overly dramatic. And I don't really know how to ask for/accept help when I'm not feeling well.


But all that to say, I really do feel like things are on the up now. Hoping anyway!

No comments: