This sweet new (to me) blogger that I "met" recently has given me a Beautiful Blogger award. Her name is Chrissy and you should check out her blog: Traveling Light.
I am always amazed when anyone who is not family actually enjoys reading my babbling. Sort of justifies the years I spent learning to write relatively well in order to teach writing skills to my 6th graders. Don't look for much in that department, though. The entire time I taught English, my motto always was, " I only have to be able to write a little bit better than the students!"
So now I am to follow the rules of the award. So the rules for this award are:
1. Link to the person who gave you the award.
2. Pass the award along to fantastic blogs you've recently discovered.
3. Contact the blogs via a comment to let them know you've giving them the award.
4. State seven things about yourself.
The blogs I want to pass this award on to are:
My Mother Is A Fish simply because she is my dear friend and I always gain from reading her blog.
Single, Infertile, Female: Now What? because I really appreciate the honesty in her posts. She doesn't try to act like she has it all together and a lot of her stuff makes me laugh my head off!
My Crazy 4 because she is as crazy outspoken about public breast feeding as I am!
Larger Family Life because I think she is doing a terrific job with her large family even while dealing with problems with her oldest! And again, the honesty there is inspiring.
O.k. So here are the seven things about it. (This is kind of like one of those chain letters, huh?!)
1. I get terrible migraines. Right now I have my second one this week, but thought it was really nice of my body to give me a break for my birthday yesterday! I recently started seeing the chiropractor, so I hope it helps.
2. I am terrified of getting hair cuts. If you had my crazy curls, you would be, too!
3. Since I have been teaching childbirth classes, I have been feeling the pull to become a DONA certified doula, but the uncertain schedule is currently the deterrent.
4. I'll take completely unmedicated childbirth any day of the week over being stung by a wasp. They terrify me and I can remember every last detail of all four times I have been stung!
5. I tend to get myself over involved in things, and have a hard time saying no even when I am too busy.
6. I am extremely unorganized.
7. When I was a teenager, my room was SO messy that I had to make pathways to get from the door to the bed, the bed to the dresser!