Monday, July 9, 2012

Week 1 down!

This morning I finished week 1 of C25K. I started this time with the walk/run plan because of the extra weight I'm carrying from the PCOS. The first week is a walk 4 minute/run 1 minute plan. Today was an increase day so I did this 5 times for a total of 30 minutes. The second week, which I will start on Wednesday is a walk 3.5 minute/run 1.5 minute cycle. I'll do that for 5 cycles Wednesday and Friday and increase it to 6 cycles on Sunday. Then I'll increase the run time an decrease the walk time incrementally over the last three weeks of the program and end with a "race day" where I officially record the time it takes me to run/walk a real 5K.

After I finish this run/walk 5K module, I am going to move on to the full out running module, which is also a 5 week plan. That should bring me through the end of summer and I am looking for an OFFICIAL race to sign up for in the early fall. My long term goal is to be ready for a 10K maybe in time for the Turkey Run in November.

This photo meme still really resonates with me, though;-)


No comments: