Thursday, November 22, 2007

3 Donkeys

God's timing is perfect. I know this shouldn't come as a surprise to me, yet somehow, often times that He shows me His perfect timing, it does kind of sneak up on me.

This is the verse that was on another blog today that I frequently read:
Zephaniah 3:17. The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.

I had an incredible time at our Thanksgiving celebration with our "put together by God" family. I met 3 donkeys, a horse, a cow, and a dog named Racer who was so chubby that she did not look like she would be racing anywhere. I though about how blessed I am that my family is more than just my bloodline (or this would have been a lonely holiday). I thought about how blessed that I am that I get to spend four days in a row with my husband (an EXTREMELY rare commodity these days - come on February!).

Then I thought about how overwhelmed I can let myself get with stuff sometimes, and this verse was just the reminder that I needed today to commit to memory so that hopefully the next time anxiety threatens to overtake me, I can recall this promise in my mind and let God's love quiet me.

I wish I had photos of the donkeys to share, but no one told me that I was going to want to bring my camera to John's house:-(

No comments: