Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Day at the Doctor

So, what do you and your doctor do at the end of your doctor's visits?

I had to go see a general practitioner today because TN state law allows midwives to attend homes births as long as they report to an overseeing doctor. Like my midwife, this doctor has her office at her home. We sat around talking and whatever while I was filling out the paperwork, then she did the poking and prodding that would indicate I was having a physical.

To wrap up the visit she prayed with us and then told me that she always likes to give her patients a book and that I could pick which ever one I wanted off the shelf (I got one about end times called, "Left Behind or Sincerely Taken").

Then as we were getting ready to go she asked us if we'd like to go get some vegetables from the garden. I wasn't sure if I'd herd her correctly, but she was like: "Let me go get a bag for you." Here's what we made out with, and it would have been a lot more if I hadn't reminded her that it was just the two of us.















I can not remember for the life of me what she said this squash is called (so if you know, feel free to fill me in. I figure that I can figure out something to do with it.














These little guys that look like tomatoes are actually plums.














I wish that there were doctors like Dr. Pat in LaFayette (although it almost seems worth the hour and a half drive to switch her to my GP).

No comments: