Friday, March 13, 2009

"My Husband Rocks!" Friday

Katy-Lin must have been busy last night because there was no prompt for MHR. So, I just decided to tell about one of the ordinary things we do that makes our marriage work.

Did you know that when Jeff is at work, he calls me in the morning, in the afternoon, and in the evening? Since he is gone for 24 hours at a time, it is really nice to hear his voice throughout the day. I get really spoiled on his two days off in between those shifts, so when he calls, it is (almost) not so bad for him to be gone for so long at a time. Unless he is on a call, he never misses calling me those three times a day (sometimes more). Sometimes, we don't have anything new to talk about when he calls back, because you know, my days are pretty much the same: The boy wakes up, eats, laughs and babbles, plays with toys, sleeps a couple of hours, wakes up, eats, laughs babbles, plays with toys, sleeps a couple of hours, wakes up, laughs and babbles, plays with toys, then has a bath, eats, and goes to bed. But, Jeff and I can always find something to talk about. I think it helps that he usually has some story to tell about some crazy call that they had during the day. (People do some crazy stuff!)

All this to say, I am so blessed to be married to a man with whom I never really run out of things to talk about no matter how routine our lives become!

No comments: