Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Another one gone

I almost felt like I was suffocating as I read this article in today's news. Early last year I posted this entry about all the factories that have shut their doors since I have moved here and the toll it was taking on the families of several of my students.
Even though I am not teaching anymore, my heart is aching for the 430 families who will be affected by this Shaw plant closing. I do not know what is going to be left for people by the time this recession ends. Will LaFayette become a ghost town?

3 comments:

Sarah R. said...

i hope we don't become like summerville....
is this the one that billy f. works at?

roadrunner201 said...

It it is the one that Billy works at then isn't it the same one that Cathy A and Alicia O work at? :-(

Multiple personalities.. said...

I'm sorry this is happening to your town. I can totally relate. The steel mill my hubby works at is always rumored to be closing soon, and it makes me nervous almost every day. I pray all the time that this economy changes. Hang in there!!