Thursday, September 24, 2009

Why I Love Dolly!

Parton, that is. And here's the reason!



















Jude received a BRAND NEW copy of The Little Engine That Could from Dolly's Imagination Library. And he will continue to receive a brand new book every month until his 5th birthday. This is a program in partnership with the United Way here in our area (and many other areas!) that is open to every child from birth to age 5. It takes a few months to get the ball rolling. I registered him months ago and we just got his first book. But I am SO excited because it's his first NEW book. I do a lot of used book shopping and some friends have given us some of their hand me downs, but nothing beats a shiny new book.

I know what we'll be reading for story time tonight!

2 comments:

joannabug said...

I love this program!!! We just got our new books in the mail today, too. The books are nicely bound, and most of the books are really, really fun.

Sarah R. said...

i am so sad that this ends at 5 yrs. jeremiah has been getting these since he was 1 month....and even with siblings getting books we have only gotten 1 or 2 duplicates. i have learned to preview the books before i open them for the boys though. one of them had a little boy telling his mom to shut-up and i had to "make it disappear". :-)