Saturday, September 5, 2009

"My Husband Rocks!" Friday

Remember to check out Katy Lin at The Great Adventure if you would like to participate in My Husband Rocks!

The reason Jeff rocks this week has to do with fish, but I am having some trouble getting good pictures of them. You see, we had these two mutant fish in our back yard. I mean it. I was successful at killing off all the other fish in the pond (indirectly: not cleaning the filter, not remembering to feed them, etc) except these two. As Jude began crawling and we anticipate his soon to be walking, I decided I REALLY want that pond gone. But, I didn't want to just off the fish, so I have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting for these freaks to die. I haven't fed them since November!

Finally, Jeff gets the brain child that maybe we can put them in an aquarium in the house. Two fish; 5 gallon tank, right? So he gets the thing all set up and brings in the first goldfish. Um, the thing takes up nearly the whole tank! What the hey happened to the two inch goldfish that were in that pond when we bought the house?!!!

MMM-kay. Dump the fish back in the pond and head to wally-world for a bigger aquarium. So, now we have two MASSIVE, mutant goldfish in the house. They prefer to be called X-fish:-)

And Jeff rocks because not only did he set up the aquarium twice, but now he has to dig up the pond and fill in the hole!

Jude checking out the fish in the too small tank: (you REALLY can't tell how big it is here.)
















Here's a better picture of Fish-zilla:
















And, here we have Bill and Ted in their permanent (until they kick the bucket) home:

5 comments:

RebeccaMom said...

X-fish- LOL! they just seem to grow overnight!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! That worked out perfectly! I love your music here. So pretty! Stopping over from SITS! Happy Monday : )

bj said...

Hi, I'm bj...over from SITS to wish you a fabulous and blessed day..
hugs, bj

Tamara Dawn said...

LOL "till they die" yeah we can't keep a fish alive more than a week around here!

Oh in reference to your comment it was Long Duk Dong hehe oh that name cracks me up!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Heh, we have a 10-gallon aquarium that used to have about 20 little fishies in it...they kicked the bucket one by one except ONE fish that keeps hanging in there - I want to get rid of the aquarium since it's taking up too much room on the computer table, but that fish won't cross over and I can't 'off' him...

Your hubby does 'rock'! So cool that he set up the aquarium so your mutant fish can live out the rest of their days in style. Has he started digging up the pond, yet? ;)

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest! :)