Thursday, April 2, 2009

6 months, a prayer request, and a post which reveals that I can not spell.

Can you believe that 6 months ago, tonight, we did not have Jude yet? I went to bed thinking he would not be here for another four and a half weeks. I am so glad that God had other plans. He is growing SOOOOO quickly, weighing in two weeks ago at 17 pounds, 12 ounces, and measuring 25.5 inches. He stands if you hold his hands, sits unsupported for about 30 seconds, laughs like crazy, and is rolling over more and more (though still not consistently).

Jude is posing here (with the sign on which I misspelled the word months. Give me a break. I haven't slept 8 hours in over a year!) to let our little brother in Christ, Stellan know that we are praying for him.
I heard about Stellan from Veiyah's mommy, Ani. Stellan's mommy, Jennifer, has a blog that you can read if you click the MacMiracle button to the right in the side bar. Stellan was not supposed to be born alive. But God had other plans, and not only was he born alive, but he was born completely healthy. Then a couple of weeks ago, his heart fell into something called supra ventricular tachycardia. Basically, his heart has been failing over the past two weeks. It will beat well over 200 beats per minutes, then it gets so tired that it can not get blood all the way to his extremities. His mommy is tired, but she exhibits influential faith in our Lord for this matter. Last I checked, he went 15 hours out of SVT, which is a major praise, but I beg those of you who read my blog who are praying folk, please check out Stellan's story and pray fervently for him and his family.

Please pray for baby Veiyah and her family, too. They found out that because of the time period that she went without oxygen caused something to happen to her brain. It was revealed by a trip to the ophthalmologist. Then while in the ophthalmologist's office, she began having seizure like episodes. I am sure that Ani is tired, too. Yet, here is another woman who is putting the health of her child completely in the Lord's hands. I only pray that if am faced with any such trials with Jude or any subsequent child, that I would follow the example set before my by these two women. As it is, I hug Jude a little tighter each night since I came to know about these sweet babies' struggles.

No comments: