Friday, April 24, 2009

"My Husband Rocks!" Friday

This week Jeff REALLY, REALLY rocks! See, he finally figured out a plan for the workout dilemma. (You know, the one where it is really hard to work out with 2 babies in the house 40+ hours a week.) So, Wednesday morning, I got to go for a run, right after Ellie went down for her first nap. I get to go again tomorrow, and every A shift day, forever and ever, amen, as long as it is not raining. Then we switch off and Jeff goes for his run.

If you know me, then you know that I once weighed 200 pounds for a couple of years right after I got married. Then I got the weight off and even some more that I had put on before we were married and I was back in the 140s (my high school weight). I managed that for three years until winter illnesses occurred leading right up to one very sick pregnancy. Then I was not able to run anymore because you can not start something new that you weren't doing before pregnancy, and I didn't think the second trimester was the time to pick up running again. Thus, I am back where I started.

Stack that on top of the fact that you aren't actually supposed to run with an infant in a jog stroller until they are 8-12 months old and I haven't run in 18 months! I was running 5K before all of this and now I am luck if I can run 5 feet. (O.k. maybe a little more than 5 feet. Let's just say that there was a lot of intermittent walking.) But I'm on the Couch to 5K program, so I have all the confidence in the world that I will get back up there. Maybe by the time Jude can go in the jog stroller with me.

Thank you my sweet husband, for figuring out a plan!

And this? This is the best sound in the world!

1 comment:

Cher said...

aww, thats perfect! Your hubby does rock...congrats on getting a good one!