Monday, June 1, 2009

Mommy and Me Happy Hour?

I was watching the TV show THE DOCTORS this morning and they had two women (Heather & Erica) who created a "Mommy & Me" Happy Hour Club, where they take turns going to each other's houses to have a glass of wine & socialize while the kids play and have juice.

I am not sure what I think of this. I am in no way against alcohol in general. We grew up with the adults around us drinking alcohol. I am against over consumption and a little worried about this trend because every mom in the room was drinking.

I think this could be o.k. if everyone limited them self to only one glass. I mean, come on. You have to then get in your car and drive your kids home.

Which reminds me, the town I am living in is voting on alcohol by the drink in November. IT was just a few years ago that our Wal-mart just began to sell beer and wine. I am torn on this vote, because I do think it would be nice to go to Don Lolo and have a beer with my fajitas, but I worry again about over consumption and then people having to go out and drive home.

I am glad that the vote is not until November because I really need time to think about this. It could be nice revenue for the town if people don't have to drive all the way to Ft. O to have a beer with their meal. I suppose there will be some kind of drink limit. The restaurant owners here in LaF are pretty wise business men, but I don't think that they'd allow people to do harm just to make money.

The count down begins.

No comments: