Friday, June 12, 2009

"My Husband Rocks!" Friday and the pool!

It's Friday again, so let me tell you how Jeff rocks this week!

First, let me just say that I am tired. Plain old wiped out. I don't why I did not struggle with this too much in the beginning, but something about the boy sleeping through the night for two solid weeks and then deciding it just wasn't for him so not doing so in the past three weeks is kicking my beehiney. Therefore, all things domestic have been suffering. There has been a lot of pizza ordering and fast food getting and not a lot of cooking, dish washing, clothes laundering, grocery shopping going on here in at least the past two weeks.

Three times in the last two weeks, Jeff has taken Jude out with him when he got up and left me sleep. This is a major deal because it is not exactly like he gets tons of sleep either. Here's his week in a nut shell: Day 1 wake up at 4 am to drive to the fire department. Day 2 wake up at 6:30 to drive home from the fire department (maybe he got to sleep all night or maybe he had calls all during the night). Day 3 Wake whenever Jude does. Day 4-6 Repeat days 1-3 infinitely forever and ever.

Then this morning, when I finally got out of bed (glorious 8am!) and was eating my breakfast and entertaining the boy in his saucer, I heard a bunch of clanking in the kitchen, and there was my dear husband doing the dishes. Whatta guy!

We've actually had quite an adventurous day today. One of the things that I love about LaFayette is that there is a public pool where people can go and pay by the swim or buy a family plan for a pretty good price. However, if you have an infant or toddler, you can take them into the kiddie pool for FREE. I sure love free:-) It's a nice little pool, too. Probably 2 feet deep. I don't think it is 3 feet because Jude was standing with his feet flat on the bottom and there was still some of his chest above the water.

It took Jude a little time to warm up to being in more than six inches of water, but once he did, he seemed to enjoy himself. I am sure he would have enjoyed it quicker if it were not so close to nap time, but what are you going to do when the kid goes down for naps every two hours and the kiddie swim hours are only from noon - 1:00 on weekdays?

Here are some shots of Jude getting acquainted with the pool.





























































And this one is Jude letting us know how much he enjoys eating the baby food I make for him.

1 comment:

joannabug said...

I love his grin!

We just took our kids to a local pool today, too. They love it!!!

And I love that you're making your own baby food, we did that, and it saved soooo much money.