- This week, I learned that Jude likes to sleep on his side. Who knew that preference would ingrain itself so early? Every time I lay him down for bed, he rolls up on his side, and out he goes.
- Last week I learned that if I leave the wash cloth in the tub within his reach, he will suck on it and dip it back in the tub, and suck on it, maybe forever until the tub is empty?
- Tonight I learned not to expect Jude to willingly eat his pureed peas if I am eating grilled cheese while feeding him. However, if I held the spoon there long enough, eventually he'd smile at me and open his mouth like a baby bird for those same peas.
- This morning I learned that I can not walk away and leave my glass of water on the floor anywhere with in a 5 foot radius of the boy.
- This week, I learned that Jude will eat almost anything as long as I mix it with pureed fruit.
- Yesterday I learned that my keys are Jude's prized possession. Any time they are within 50 feet of him, he almost frantically scrambles to get them.
- This afternoon I learned that if I put 12 cherrios in front of Jude and walk away, when I come back, all 12 will be in his mouth. Here is a before and after shot: Before I walked in the kitchen to fill my water glass, and after I got back 22 seconds later. Notice how many cheerios are on the tray before and after.
Notice also the face he made when I came out and said, "Jude! Where did all your cheerios go?!" So, putting extra cheerios down on the tray does not buy me any extra time to get something done in the kitchen. It just raises my child's choking hazard!