Friday, June 26, 2009

"My Husband Rocks!" Friday

****Don't forget! It is FREE CHOCOLATE FRIDAY!****

Jeff REALLY rocks this Friday. Why? Well I am glad that you asked!

You see, Jeff has been studying and getting ready to enter the class for Relief Driver in August. And who ever knew all the work it is to drive a fire truck?! You have to know more than just how to go forwards and backwards and how to turn corners. Did you know that one needs to know MATH to drive a fire truck?

And how many of you out there know Jeff? Well, if you do, you know that one of his biggest struggles in life has been related to math. I'm not much help in this department because while I can do math, I can not quite explain it and I am a bit sloppy about it, so sometimes while I do the right thing, I come out with the wrong answer.

So, Jeff has been plugging away learning the formulas that he needs to know to operate the fire engine. He called me yesterday to tell me that the lieutenant had put up 20 problems on the white board for him to work through after a call. It made me chuckle that he was working problems on the board at work.

Way to tackle your struggle, dear husband!

2 comments:

Lani said...

stopping by via sits:) Good luck to your hubby with the math! Who knew you needed to do formulas to drive a fire truck!

Tiffany said...

Spreading some love from SITS.
Yeah math was never my strong suit either, YIKES!Best of luck to him. :)