I am struggling. If you read my MHR post yesterday, you know that Jude has beenhaving some sleep issues as of late. I just can not figure out what the difference is between the last three weeks when the boy has been waking two to four times a night and the previous two when he slept all night until 5:30am.
Jude used to be a really heavy sleeper until the acid reflux became bad and we didn't figure that out. Then he became a light sleeper. We still cosleep, with him in the cosleeper beside the bed. He also takes naps in there. He's actually a pretty good napper. But I just don't know what is going on with this night time business.
So, I've decided to conduct a little informal poll of any moms who might happen to read this post. I find that there is a lot of wisdom out there from people who have "been there."
I do want to preface this by saying that I am not a fan of the cry-it-out method because of a recent study that shows the cortisol levels in a baby who has cried it out get as high as a person who has lost their spouse. So, here are my questions. Answer any or all. And thank you in advance! (I'll be using "his" and "him" in the gender neutral role.)
1. How old was your baby when you put him in his own room? Was he sleeping through the night at that time?
2. If your baby was not sleeping through the night when you put him in his own room, how long did it take for him to get there?
3. How did you transition your baby from your room to the crib in his own room?
4. If your baby starts crying in his room in the middle of the night, how long do you let it go before you go to him? What do you do when you go to him?
5. The boy wakes himself up sometimes when he looses his pacifier at night. If yours did this, how did you handle it?
6. Any other pearls of wisdom are appreciated.